So, I've been infirm for the past...six nights now? I went to the doctor yesterday and learnt that I have a sinus infection. I got a steroid shot in me bum (and some antibiotics) and have felt HUNKY DORY since, but am hoping that by the time it wears off, I've healed. I am, of course, tired of being sick. I get the blues and my mind wanders to dark, wintry places. No mas.
Last Thursday, the evening I became ill, I learned that an old friend of mine had perished. Mason was one that I was once close to, but we'd been reduced to "Hi, Mason" "Hi, AiLien" when we saw each other at parties or shows. That night, I dreamt of him. He was fine and weird as usual. It is, in my opinion, the best and most comforting kind of dream to have of someone who has passed on to the other side. Later days, Mason.
I'll be going to Colorado sooner than later to visit my aunt who is...well, she's dying. I need to see her and tell her what a positive influence she's been on me, that I adore her, and will do my best to be good family to those she will be leaving behind. I'll admit that I'm a bit scared. As of right now, I don't know when I'll be going, but am prepared to leave at a moment's notice.
I finished Louise Erdrich's The Round House in three days. The only way you'll know how good great it is is if you read it. I'm going through an Erdrich revival of sorts. She's a good storyteller. When we were in Memphis last, I had the good fortune of finding a couple of her books in the dollar bin.
Can you believe it is still January?
Class of '51:
These cats were hella vying for attention from ATM:



1 comment:
As though January needed to feel any heavier or longer? Jesus, Ai Lien.
Hugs and hugs because that's better than not knowing what to say other than, "I hate that you're hurting."
Post a Comment